Friday, October 24, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Dare

*I never time myself for Five Minute Friday. 
 I take the word and run with it where it leads for however long it leads me.*


Dare

I dare you.
I dare you to be brave.
To hold your head up high and wear your bravery like a cape.
Be the hero in your story;
The one who stands up and says,
 "NO MORE!"
To all the voices that try and keep you down.
Wrap that bravery cape around you tight.
Keep the cold winds of "less than" and the spitting rains of "unworthy"
From hurting you any longer.
All you have to do is
STAND UP!
Stand up and fight.
I know that you can do it.
You are braver than you think and stronger than you know.
I dare you to be brave.
I dare you.


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the pep rally, Karmen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karmen,
    I love this... and the first thing I thought (after thinking wow, we did both dare to be brave!) was I wish you would paint this - cape and all! I love it! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle. I am not sure I would be able to capture this in paint. Maybe someday, when my skills are better.

      Delete

I love to get feedback and hear what you think. Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with me. I would like to get to know you.